NeuroMatic is a collection of Igor Pro functions for analyzing electrophysiological data. By allowing users to organize their data into Sets or Groups, NeuroMatic makes it a relatively straight forward process of performing any number of transformations and statistical analyses on their data sets, including scaling, alignment averaging, baseline subtraction, spike detection, stationarity analysis, and rise-time computations. Being open source and of modular design, NeuroMatic also allows users to develop their own analysis functions that can be easily incorporated into NeuroMatic's framework.
Features of NeuroMatic Include
- Sorting, Scaling, Averaging, Interpolation
- Max/Min/Mean/Level/Slope Measurements
- Stability/Stationarity Analysis
- Spontaneous Event Detection
- Waveform Template Matching
- Spike Raster Plots
- Interspike-Interval and PST Histograms
- Compact Easy-to-Use Interface
- Modular Design as a Basis for Your Own Procedures
- Extra Space for Your Own Buttons and Controls
- Import Functions for Axograph and PClamp Data Acquired From Molecular Devices Axon Conventional Patch Clamp systems
See the NeuroMatic home page for details or to download the package.
The Nclamp package, which works in conjunction with NeuroMatic, provides data acquisition software for different applications, including electrophysiology and photometry. NClamp was developed at University College London. Its features include:
- Compatibility withIgor Pro 4 or 5.
- Compatibility with Mac or PC.
- NIDAQ interfacing - "multifunction DAQ boards" from National Instruments. Requires Igor NIDAQ XOP Tools.
- ITC interfacing - data acquisition systems from InstruTech. Requires Igor ITC XOPs.
- Episodic acquisition (stim and sample).
- Continuous acquisition (currently for ITC users only).
- Online analysis, with ability to create your own analysis functions.
- Notes and Log Files which can be displayed within a table or notebook.
- Automatic saving of data and log folders to your hard drive.
- Flexible stimulus pulse generator with ability to use your own pulse waveforms.
- Instant accessibility to all of NeuroMatic's and Igor Pro's pre-existing data analysis functions.
See the Nclamp home page for details or to download the package.